Hair care involves the appearance of your hair and its health. Which one matters more than the other? Neither. In fact, both often go hand in hand.
We created our hair care salon to fit both needs. To continue our blog’s theme of helping you look and feel good at the same time, we’re going to share tips for dealing with an important ‘beneath the surface’ element to both your health and appearance.
Why Scalp Health Is Important
The health of your scalp is important for the following reasons:
- The health of your scalp correlates with hair growth (both positive and negative)
- The health of your scalp is a factor in the health of your hair because a healthy scalp helps your hair produce oils and moisture naturally
- Scalp dryness and build up leads to unhealthy and unsightly consequences like dandruff
If you have dry and itchy scalp, or are just looking for tips to maintain it, here are some helpful suggestions:
- Shampoo less often – You’ve heard similar information about the use of products like purel for your hands. Removing too much oil from your scalp can produce counterproductive outcomes like dry scalp. Try reducing the number of times you use shampoo per week and note the difference.
- Use a new product – At MenSalon, we offer a variety of products to help you deal with dry and itchy scalp. Visit our products list or stop in to find the right solution for you.
- Take time and care – While you shower or put hair care product on, give yourself a scalp message to increase circulation, which can help prevent dryness.
- Be healthier – The food you eat, vitamins you take (or lacktherof), and the level of stress you go through each day all have consequences for your scalp and hair in general. Proteins, vegetables, and healthy fats are good for your scalp. A relaxing spa day with us is good for your stress levels. Why not stop in?
- Visit us – We have a variety of methods and techniques to deal with dry and itchy scalp. When you come visit us, we’ll create a custom solution just for you.
Book your appointment online now or contact us at (507) 288-1836 for questions!